Sorry for the lack of content lately, been a busy few months(switching jobs and what not)
In the meantime I have been working on creating a boilerplate for some automation that should prove to be useful.
These two repos are a culmination of efforts and problems I encountered when working on creating new test suites. Those of us that have been in the test automation game for a while know how much code you may have to write to get things up and running in a smooth elegant manor.
Well, I took the things that I wanted and created a boilerplate with them. Let’s take a look:
App Automation Boilerplate
The App Boilerplate comes with Calabash 2.0 pre, the cross platform(iOS & Android) testing library for Ruby.
The boilerplate is made up of:
- Allure Reporting - Beautiful reporting and metrics tool
- Custom Routing Proof of Concept - based off of PageObject’s Routes
- RSpec - for better test expectations
- Custom random email generator - if you didnt want/need the Faker gem
- Custom data expectations based off of stored data in YAML files based off of elements on the app
- Page objects setup for Calabash use
- Cucumber profiles and variables
- Custom common methods for interacting with the app
- IDeviceInstaller file - for installing iOS devices from the app
- And more!
The Web Boilerplate comes with
- Various devices you can use for testing different dimensions
- Headless capabilities
- Allure Reporting
- Page Object + Data Magic + Routing(to get you to where you need to go in your app)
- Parallel-Cucumber - run multple scenarios in parallel
- Custom data expectations
- And more!
These projects will be actively maintained by me to support the latest changes in the testing world. There is documentation in each of the README’s but I will probably miss things. Please feel free to contribute!